- Fill the kettle with water up to three-quarters of the maximum level and bring the water to the boil
- After the kettle has switched off, add white vinegar (8% acetic acid) to the maximum level
- Leave the solution in the kettle overnight
- Empty the kettle and rinse the inside thoroughly
- Fill the kettle with fresh water and boil the water
- Empty the kettle and rinse it with fresh water again
- Repeat the procedure if there is still some scale in the kettle.
Note: Regular descaling prolongs the life of the kettle.